Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday!

In my days at college which i fondly refer to as the glory days "Sunday Funday" meant for yet another wonderful day of fun with your friends - as if going out Thursday, Friday and Saturday wasn't enough "quality" time with your pals. Generally playing yard olympics, finishing the keg from the night before, ordering pizza and not so much studying for that chem. test you are taking at 8am Monday morning were on the itinerary. 


These days - my idea of the perfect "Sunday Funday" was waking up with my husband, making breakfast, cleaning the house together, working on wedding thank-yous and verbally planning our next trip to Jamaica as we seem to do daily now. Derek and I talked today about how we used to go crazy when we didn't have something to do on a Sunday, and now today getting off the couch seemed like too many scheduled events!


I was able to motivate myself to make my husband somewhat of a proper dinner this evening. In light of my fond memories of college "Sunday Funday" I was craving my favorite dining center soup - Pizza Soup! 


I didn't have the recipe - but I let my fingers do some research through the google and combined all the pizza soup recipes with my memories of this glorious concoction to come up with the following:


Pizza Soup!


Ingredients:
3/4 Box of Cooked Rigatoni
1 family size + 1 regular can of tomato soup
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 - 1/2 bag of Pepperoni's cut in half
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Shredded Mozzarella 
ingredients = check!
(think I went to Target today?!)

Fresh shredded motz is best!

Make the tomato soup as directed on the can, use milk.
(and even a little extra milk for a little creamier texture)
Add all seasonings and the parmesan cheese. Stir well. 

Add the pepperoni's and cooked noodles.
Stir again and let warm/simmer on medium for about 20 minutes 

Top with the Mozzarella - and voila FINISHED PRODUCT!
My husband was sweet enough to say
"it looks like something from the Food Network" - i love him!

It was delicious - i must say! I think in the future I will add mushrooms and maybe some Parmesan Cheese as a garnish as well. 

Derek said he LOVED it - and that it makes for a great comfort food in these days of the below the 0 temperature mark. yuk!

Check the "cool" box below if you plan to try this! 
(just curious!)



2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and can't wait to follow it! The Pizza Soup sounds like the perfect comfort food on a cold Sunday like today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I even had the Pizza Soup as leftovers tonight and it was just as delicious! Soup = a MUST with that pesky Iowa weather : )

    ReplyDelete