Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year...New Wife

The new year tends to bring firsts in some way for everybody. For me this year, i started off January 1st - not with a hangover - for the first time in my life since college - but rather as my first full day of being a wife. Derek and I were married on New Years Eve this past year and so far things are going swimmingly. (never mind the fact the majority of our marriage has been spent at an all-inclusive amazing resort in Jamaica - i'm certain it would have been just as delightful here) 

While on our honeymoon, we remembered we had yet to make our new years resolutions (we were slightly busy that week!) I decided my resolution is going to be the best wife I can be this first year of our life. after the first year who cares?! just kidding... So thus: "New Year...New Wife". Also I would never admit I'm the kind of girl that had a "Wedding Slogan" (my friends are laughing here - yes i know) but hey - since you obviously have to have SOMETHING to print on the little cocktail napkins we went with "New Year...New Life" so I'm ceremonially (literally) switching it to wife and here we go. 

This blog is intended to document my trials and tribulations of being a wife and the best tips I come up with through my first year. For Better or Worse... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Your blog is great, I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so long since I was a newlywed...nearly 11 years! I am excited to see what your first year brings:)

    ps. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I hope you enjoy it! I appreciate you posting - i think that is totally fun! hehe...

    ReplyDelete