Monday, July 11, 2011

BLT-Licious Salad

Ok...so maybe BLT doesn't flow as beautifully as Teresa Guidice has joined Fabulous and Delicious, but whatever, I went for it. (that's what it's all about right? taking big risks!) 


I'm starting to learn the factors of age and marriage work viciously with each other in a non-stop campaign to meet up with their bff  "weight gain". I swear anything I eat now feels like it would just be much easier to affix it to my stomach with duct tape. Being the lucky gal I am however, my husband agrees to participate in living a healthier lifestyle. We've been working out - but as most health experts (not me) will tell you weight is 90% diet. (grr.... WHY OH WHY were Chicken Alfredo and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream ever invented then!)


Missing out on my favorite foods is simply not an option, so we've started taking our favorite foods and reducing the fatty items. Tonight we made one of my favorite "mom" recipes. We made it healthier and serve it with a lot less guilt now! 


BLT Chicken Salad 


Original Recipe (items i substituted are in parenthesis) 


The Dressing:
1/2 Cup Mayonaise (I used lowfat mayo made with Olive Oil)
4 tbls. bbq sauce (we used 2 tbls.)
2 tbls. onion 
1tbls. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper


Salad:
Lettuce (we used mixed greens because it's healthier - but any will work just fine!)
2 tomatoes diced
1 1/2 lb. Chicken (we cut up one chicken breast and divided it between the two of us)
10 strips of Bacon Crumbled (we used 2 strips of Turkey Bacon each)
2 hard boiled eggs sliced (take out the yolks and save even more fat!)
(we also added mushrooms)


First have your assistant and your bulldog grill the chicken
(if you do not have a bulldog - don't fret -
you can do it on your own!) 
Dice the tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon,
peal and slice the hard boiled egg
Mix the dressing in a small bowl

Toss the dressing with the salad and Enjoy! (guilt free!)

Hope you like it!


I hope low-fat keeps tasting this good! It's fun to try and make our favorite foods healthier so we can keep enjoying them. Hmm...what to make next??

3 comments:

  1. Please Blog more often. I'm bored and need something to read and your life is kinda interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm going to try it later this week.

    ReplyDelete